Recording Studio for Young Pals Music Productions

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Karine Hannah Knocks It Out... Again

Ah, my blessed Karine Hannah. This evening one of my favorite singers of all time transported me from one surreal world (still in la-la designer-land post-"Dear Genevieve") to her wondrous musical utopia, performing an encore of her "Guilty Pleasures" show at New York's Metropolitan Room. The repertoire included such AM retro nuggets as "Sometimes When We Touch," "When I Need You," "How Much I Feel," "Reminiscing," "The Air That I Breathe," "Baker Street" and a stunning encore of "Could This Be Magic." And yes, of course I cried... It was a great house, with celebs clothing designer Patricia Fields and producer Chris Neil (Sheena Easton, Celine Dion, Mike & The Mechanics), best pal Tinatin, her collaborator (uh, and my partner) Ayhan and many other fans and aficionados. Full house, cool cats.

courtesy of THE SMOKING NUN Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment